In recent years, changing technologies has greatly impacted the ways we interact. The use of mobile devices has created a major shift in the ways small and large businesses are reaching out to potential customers. The need to integrate mobile media in marketing programs has never been more necessary. Here are some ways companies are using the potentials of mobile marketing: Mobile Websites One of the first ways you can integrate mobile marketing into your marketing strategy is by creating a mobile website. The majority of your users will be accessing the web via their smartphones, and it is crucial for your business to have a mobile-optimized website. A prospect will most likely not return to your website if they have had a bad user experience. Here are some things to consider:
- Create simpler layouts to decrease web page load times and user frustration. Make sure they don’t have to scroll too long to find the information they need.
- Establish mobile browser compatibility so users can access your mobile site using a variety of platforms.
- Encode your standard site to automatically recognize and transfer users to your mobile site. This way, users and future customers will also be able to remember your website.
- Use smaller pages so it will be easier for users to access and navigate.
QR Codes/2D Codes
Scan this QR Code with your mobile device and see how it works! The most interesting feature of two-dimensional codes is that it allows businesses to provide as much content as they want in the smallest of spaces. There are a variety of 2D codes, the most popular one being QR codes. Codes provide information and link customers directly to web-based content. Here are some of the benefits of 2D codes:
- Bring offline customers online – QR codes are on magazines, posters and other traditional media, allowing you to attract audiences at all times.
- Link the code to your website – Direct potential customers to your services and products online or to your physical store.
- Sense of community – You can engage and interact with customers via links to your social media networks, such as your Facebook page or Twitter account.
The placement of your code is crucial. Some popular locations include business cards, product tags, print advertising, receipts and storefront signs and windows. Short message Service (SMS) SMS has proven to be a very successful mobile media tool for businesses. Known for its cost-effectiveness, it is a very inexpensive alternative compared to other types of marketing campaigns. And with texting expertise at the fingertips of virtually all users, it has never been easier to interact with customers. Here are some ways companies are using mobile marketing to their benefit:
- Dialogue – This type of marketing has the ability to create live conversations with audiences and potential customers. By creating a sense of community, more people will be willing to engage and participate.
- Compatibility – SMS communications has access to all mobile networks and devices. Regardless of the product, service, industry, market or geographic location, this marketing tool offers a worldwide audience with content.
- Interactivity – This type of communication is both interactive and personable. SMS can involve clients, allow them to participate, whether through text-to-win contests, content updates or when sharing e-books, videos and much more.
Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) MMS is the same thing as SMS, but the content is slightly different. Multimedia messaging can include not just text, but also audio, video and images. In addition, businesses can send MMS messages from a mobile phone to an e-mail address. The great thing about MMS is that it increases the level of content as well as the level of interactivity on the part of users. Customers enjoy variety, and with a mixture of graphics, video and sound, they’ll be engaged for longer. Mobile Display Advertising and Paid Search Searching has gone mobile and the number of people accessing the web on their smartphones will continue to rise. However, searching and typing on a mobile phone is different from searching and typing on a desktop or a laptop computer. Users and potential customers are always in motion. Mobile display advertising and paid search play a key role in the digitalized marketing world. Advertisements on mobile websites and paying to be included in mobile search engines have become extremely popular because businesses are much more likely to convert prospects to customers. Near Field Communications (NFC) and Bluetooth Many smartphones have embedded NFC chops and Bluetooth technology that can send encrypted data a short distance (“Near field”) to a reader located, for example, at a grocery store cash register. With a touch, NFC and Bluetooth have simplified transactions, data exchange and connections. In the near future, expect to see more smartphone users simply wave their devices over NFC chips embedded in check out payment processors and point-of-purchase materials. Some services for mobile search include mobile-optimized search engine, mobile Q&A services, mobile directory search and mobile navigation services. Location-Based Marketing Regardless of where your potential customer is located, location-based marketing is a great way to engage with a variety of people. This is an effective way to build customer loyalty and repeat business. In order to achieve this, you must provide location-based social networking sites with important and correct information, in order to help customers find the location of your business. Here are some ways to enhance their experience, once they have found you:
- Promotional giveaways and discounts – Keep customers coming back by awarding them for initial check-in and repeat visits.
- Targeted promotions – using social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter, you can set up targeted promotions to individuals and groups.
- Ongoing promotions – award special prizes and discounts based on the number of customer check-ins.
Mobile Apps The potentials of mobile applications have increased greatly with the population of smartphone users growing. Keep in mind that the most important feature of an application is customer value. Your app will be ignored and forgotten is it not able to compete; in order to be able to beat competitors, an app must be compelling and useful to your customers and prospects. We will talk more about mobile apps on our future blog posts and articles, stay tuned! Tablet Computing Tablets have become the go-to mobile device. With larger screens than mobile phones but smaller and lighter than the average laptop, tablets allow hands-on interaction and virtually all the advantages of a desktop or laptop computer. Here are some other benefits:
- Keep track of finances and credit accounts.
- Connect to a printer when you need physical documents.
- View documents, presentations and web content easily.
- Keep contact information and calendar up to date.
- Maintain direct connection to email and social media networks.
There are many ways you can begin implementing mobile marketing into your current online marketing strategy. Don’t try to do everything. Evaluate your budget and business, and then pick one to start with. For more information on how to get started with mobile marketing, check out our website WebMarketingSolutions.co. Submit Your Form if you would like to receive a FREE 30 minute consultation to discuss the future of your mobile marketing program! By Vadood Khosroshahi